1. Connection of effector
There are two typical methods to connect effectors in practice
(1) Insertion method, that is to use the mixer ins (insertion port) to insert the effector into the system. The connection method is: directly insert the effector into the ins socket of the microphone circuit of the mixer, or after grouping the microphone sound, insert the effector into the microphone grouping channel, and use the mix (mixed) function key of the effector to adjust the effect sound proportion.
(2) Input output method. The microphone signal from the auxiliary output of the mixer is connected to the input end of the effector, and then the output signal of the effector is connected to an input end of the mixer. The microphone input circuit of the mixer and the potentiometer of the effect input path respectively control the size of the direct sound and the effect sound to adjust the effect sound ratio. The mix function key should be placed at the maximum position when connecting the effector with the input-output method. It is a common connection method used in most audio systems at present.
2. Adjustment of effector
The current effector can store and produce dozens or even hundreds of sound effects. Users can choose appropriate effects according to their own needs. Generally speaking, the basic effects stored in the effector include reverberation time, reverb time, delay time and echo echo. The so-called reverberation time refers to the time required for the indoor sound pressure level to decay by 60dB after the sound source stops producing. If the reverberation time is too short, the sound will dry, if the reverberation time is too long, the sound will be turbid and the aftersound will be too long. Only the appropriate reverberation time can achieve the beautification and modification of the sound. Generally, 1.5-2.0s is more appropriate; The delay time is the interval time of echo. When it is used as a delayer, the delay time should be determined according to the distance. The speed of sound wave is 340 m / s. dividing the distance by the sound speed is the delay time. When used as an echo sounder, it mainly creates trill effect, generally between 0.1s and 0.2S; echo rate is the echo frequency, which represents the reflectivity of the reflecting surface, which can be adjusted from 0% to 99%. When 0% is the delay effect, it can be used as a delay device. Its performance is echo effect. The feedback rate should be adjusted at about 30%, and 99% is the corrected echo.
After understanding the concept of the main parameters of the effector, let's talk about the adjustment method of the effector. The first step is to adjust the number of the effect display screen and select the appropriate effect type. The second step is to adjust the selected effect parameters to obtain satisfactory results. The third step is to press the store key twice to store the adjusted effect.
3. Using skills of effector
When using the effector, we should not only understand the operation methods and adjustment steps of the effector, but also pay attention to the following aspects: first, we should control the signal level of the mixer, and correctly set the positions of the relevant function keys and volume adjustment keys of the mixer. The specific method is: speak to the microphone and observe the LED level indicator of the effect device. When the maximum value of the input signal is about 0dB, the input signal is moderate; otherwise, the volume input key should be adjusted. Because too large signal is easy to cause sound distortion, and too small signal makes signal-to-noise ratio decrease. Secondly, we should balance the effect sound according to different sounds, so as to make the effector produce satisfactory effects. In addition to the auxiliary output corresponding to the microphone input circuit on the mixer, all other auxiliary outputs must be turned off, because the opening of the auxiliary output of the music channel will cause the music to be confused and hard to hear due to the added effect, and even the self-excited oscillation may cause howling. If the output of the mixer feels the effect sound is turbid, the parametric equalizer can be used to slightly attenuate the bass component in the effect sound, and when the effect sound is not bright enough, the medium and high (500hz-5khz) can be slightly increased. Third, we should deal with the proportion of direct sound and effect sound. The sound of microphone is direct sound, and the sound of effect path is effect sound. According to the order of arrival, the sound heard at any point in space can be divided into direct sound, early reflection sound and reverberation sound. The direct sound is the sound that is directly heard by the listener from the sound source. It is the most important part of the sound. It is not affected by the indoor reflection surface in the process of transmission. It is characterized by pure sound quality and dry sound. The early reflected sound is the sound heard after one or two reflections, and the early reflected sound will damage the sound image positioning; Reverberation is the sound that comes after many times of reflection and diffusion after early reflection. It is related to the volume of the room and the absorption volume of the wall. Reverberation causes "double shadow" to the sound. Appropriate reverberation can make the sound mellow. You may have the feeling that when the room is close to the sound source, the direct sound in the speaker box is the main component, and the distance sound is the main component When the box is far away, the reflected sound is the main component. Knowing these characteristics of sound, the spatial effect of sound can be reproduced by adjusting the proportion of direct sound and effect sound of the mixer, so that the listener can have a real feeling.
4. Relationship between effector and other peripheral equipment
Usually, the program production system is always supplemented by the mixer and other peripheral equipment. Such as equalizer, pressure limiter, effector, etc., it is also important to deal with the relationship between mixer and effector, effector and other peripheral equipment.
1) The relationship between mixer and effector. There are at least three knobs on the mixer which are related to the effect sound. They are the auxiliary output knob on the input unit, the total effect output control knob on the output unit and the effect return knob. If the auxiliary output knob on the input unit is turned on, a part of the input signal is taken out and sent to the input end of the effector through the master control mixing, and then sent to the effector input terminal after being processed by the effector Callback console, mixer effect return knob is used to adjust the size of the return amount. It can be seen that the size of the effect sound is determined by the auxiliary output knob on the input unit, the total effect output knob on the output unit, the input and output volume key of the effector and the effect return knob. If the input level is not enough, the effect can only be improved if the input level is not full enough.
(2) The relationship between effector and other peripheral equipment. The equalizer can beautify the voice and improve the transmission quality of the channel by improving, attenuating or cutting the signals of different frequencies or frequency bands; the voltage limiter can beautify the signal, prevent distortion or reduce noise by compressing or expanding the dynamic range of the signal. However, the use of equalizer and pressure limiter can also improve, attenuate or cut off the effect sound. Therefore, the equalizer and pressure limiter should be adjusted according to different signals to minimize the damage of equalizer and pressure limiter to the effect sound. At the same time, attention should be paid not to make the effect sound too loud, so as not to sound too wet and uncomfortable.